Remove Water From Your Tofu Blocks In Just 10 Minutes
Soy Bean Thick Fried Tofu (Tochio) Recipe
Tochio is a traditional Japanese dish made of thickly fried tofu. To give the tofu a crispy texture, a soy sauce-based marinade and cornstarch coating are used in this recipe. This dish is ideal as a side dish or as the main course for a vegetarian meal.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Tofu should be drained and cut into 8 equal pieces.
- To make the marinade, combine soy sauce, sugar, sake, and mirin in a shallow dish.
- Place the tofu in the marinade and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Take the tofu out of the marinade and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Coat each tofu piece in cornstarch.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the tofu in the skillet until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove tofu from skillet and pat dry with paper towels.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Hello 365 Tofu Recipes
Tofu Tasty Cookbook
Extra Firm Tofu Press
Hakka Marinated Tofu Recipe
Tofu Salad with Cucumber, Edamame, Corn and Onions Recipe
Pineapple Sweet and Sour Tofu with Sticky Rice Recipe
Stir Fried Tofu, Potato, Eggplant and Pepper (Disanxian) Recipe