Simply Place Your Block of Tofu Inside the Press to Create Firm Tofu
Chinese Braised Tofu Recipe
This Chinese Braised Tofu recipe is a traditional dish that is simple to make and full of flavor. Tofu is simmered in a savory sauce made of soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, and brown sugar until tender and flavorful. It's an excellent vegetarian main course that goes well with rice or noodles.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds.
- Cook until the tofu is lightly browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, brown sugar, vegetable broth, cornstarch, and white pepper in a small bowl.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over the tofu.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice, garnished with green onions.
Amazing Tofu Recipes
Hello 365 Tofu Recipes
Tofu Tasty Cookbook
Tofu Poke Bowl with Beans, Eggs, Peas, Corn and Cabbage Recipe
Hakka Marinated Tofu Recipe
Tofu Salad with Cucumber, Edamame, Corn and Onions Recipe
Pineapple Sweet and Sour Tofu with Sticky Rice Recipe