The Best Tofu Recipes and Cookbook For Beginners, Shipped Right to Your Door
Mapo Tofu Bean Paste Recipe
Mapo Tofu is a popular Sichuan dish that combines tofu, minced meat, and a spicy bean sauce. This vegetarian-friendly version uses only tofu and a spicy bean paste sauce. Because of the use of Sichuan peppercorns, the dish is fragrant, spicy, and numbing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- In a wok, heat the vegetable oil over high heat.
- Cook until the Sichuan peppercorns are fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the minced ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Stir in the doubanjiang and chili bean paste until the oil turns red and fragrant.
- Stir in the diced tofu and soy sauce gently to coat the tofu with the sauce.
- Add the water, cover, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the scallions and sesame oil until well combined.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Cooking With Tofu
Giant Book Of Tofu Cooking
This Can't Be Tofu
Amazing Tofu Recipes
Vegan Tofu Salad with Bean Sprouts and Vegetables Recipe
Deep Fried Tofu Squares Recipe
Spicy Ramen and Tofu Soup Recipe
Tofu Poke Bowl with Beans, Eggs, Peas, Corn and Cabbage Recipe