Simply Place Your Block of Tofu Inside the Press to Create Firm Tofu
Mapo Tofu with Green Onions Recipe
Mapo Tofu is a spicy and flavorful Sichuan dish made with tofu, ground pork, and a spicy sauce made with doubanjiang, a fermented broad bean paste flavored with chili. Green onions are used to add freshness and flavor to this version.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- In a wok or large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds.
- Cook until the ground pork is browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Stir in the doubanjiang, soy sauce, and Shaoxing wine for another minute.
- Bring the chicken stock and tofu cubes to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth, then pour the mixture into the wok and stir well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the green onions until well combined.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice.
This Can't Be Tofu
Amazing Tofu Recipes
Hello 365 Tofu Recipes
Tofu Cucumber Salad with Peanut Sauce Recipe
Fried Tofu and Rice with Broccoli, Red Onions and Peppers Recipe
Sesame Ginger Tofu with Beans Recipe
Crispy Tofu with Soy Sauce Recipe